Udaan is a project launched by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) under the
guidance of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, to address the
low enrollment of girl students in prestigious engineering institutions and the teaching gap
between the school education and engineering entrance examination. The effort is to enrich
the teaching and learning of Science and Mathematics at school level by addressing the
three dimensions of education- curriculum design, transaction and assessments.
1. To address the challenge of low enrolment of girls in technical education institutes.
2. To enable and empower the girl students to fulfill their aspiration of technical
3. To minimize the gap between school education & engineering entrance examination.
4. To enrich and enhance teaching and learning of Science and Mathematics at senior
Under this program, students are provided free offline / online resources through virtual
weekend contact classes and study material while studying in Class XI and Class XII for
preparation of admission test to various premier engineering colleges in the country.
1. Free of cost support to Girl students of Classes XI and XII to prepare for engineering
2. Availability of tutorials, videos and study material
3. Organization of Virtual contact classes at 60 designated city centres
4. Assessments designed to provide useful feedback on learning
5. Remedial steps to correct learning
6. Peer learning and mentoring opportunities for meritorious students
7. Motivation sessions with students/parents
8. Student helpline services to clarify doubts, monitor student learning and support
9. Constant monitoring and tracking of student progress with feedback
Plot No. 334,Visalakshinagar, Visakhapatnam - 530043. Andhra Pradesh, India.